On Monday 9th March we were lucky enough to have a visit from Farmer James from Friars Farm in Great Leighs.
We learnt lots of interesting facts during his visit:
- the crops Farmer James grows at the farm
- what the crops are used for
- the day in the life of a farmer
- different seasons and how to look out for these signs
- how the crops are harvested using a combine harvester
Farmer James Visits Year 1
This term our topic is
Farm to Fork.
The children will be learning about seasons, the daily running of a farm, farm animals and gymnastics in PE.