1. All children will be taught in their year group bubbles and will avoid mixing with children in other year groups. Bubbles will not be closed unless a positive test result is received, although we will update you all regularly. Adults will be distancing from the children to enable them to work in more than one bubble.
2. Drop off times for Year 3, 4, 5 & 6 will be 8:40 – 8:50 and FS, Year 1 & 2 will be 8:50 – 9:00. We know parents will have children across both these groups, we would like siblings to use towards the end of the earlier slot. We hope this will alleviate any crowds and would encourage parents to avoid gathering around the school entrance.
3. Pick up times will be slightly staggered – 2:45pm for FS. 3:00 pm for Year 1, 2 & 3. 3:15pm for Year 4, 5 & 6. We would encourage children in Year 5 and 6 to meet parents at a designated spot rather than gathering around the classrooms. We request that ONE adult ONLY attends to pick the children up. To further alleviate groups of adults at pick up, the gate by the main office will for Year 3 and 4 classrooms only. The gate between Year 3 and Year 2 will remain locked. For further details, please see 'News and Events', 'Covid-19 information'.
4. Break times and lunch times will be staggered to allow children to play freely in areas within their year group and avoid mixing. Lunch menus have been adapted to allow Year 3, 4, 5 & 6 to eat in their classrooms within their bubble. EY, FS, Year 1 & 2 will continue to eat in a hall.
5. Cleaning and hygiene will continue to be at the highest level. Additional cleaning hours will include lunchtime and hot spots. Handwashing and good respiratory hygiene will be encouraged, additional sanitisers and new hand air dryers have been installed.
6. Equipment – To minimize the items children bring into school, we will be providing all equipment for a pencil case. As we know they love colouring pencils, they can bring in their own set that will stay in their tray. Children will need only a small bag for their books and water bottle.
7. PE – on PE days, we would like the children to wear their kit throughout the day to avoid the need for changing. During the colder months, school tracksuits are encouraged. PE will not start until week commencing 7th September
Foundation, Year 1, Year 3
Year 1, Year 2, Year 4, Year 6
Year 2, Year 4, Year 5
Foundation, Year 1, Year 5, Year 6
Year 2, Year 3, Year 5, Year 6
Here is a reminder of the classes:
Mrs Hounsell’s Little Acorns
Mrs Skinner’s Ducks
Miss Duhig’s Elephants
Miss Parish & Mrs Goodwin’s Tiger cubs
Miss Drury’s Owls (FSD)
Miss Stead’s Seahorses (FSH)
Mrs Scrivener’s Bears (FSS)
Mrs Cullen’s Otters (1D)
Miss Hughes’ Turtles (1GW)
Mrs Ball & Mrs Hills’ Dolphins (1S)
Mrs Collins’ Hummingbirds (2B)
Mr Tinker’s Buffalos (2SC)
Miss Ly’s Chameleons (2S)
Mrs Stock’s Wombats (3C)
Miss Smithson & Miss Swan’s Racoons (3L)
Mrs Wilson & Mrs Shambrook’s Yaks (3W)
Mr Hopgood’s Crocodiles (4C)
Mrs Rolfe-Adams’ Jaguars (4S)
Mrs Sawtell & Mrs Greely’s Manatees (4T)
Miss Castleman’s Chimpanzees (5R)
Mr Pruce’s Eagles (5H)
Miss Lomas’ Meerkats (5SG)
Meet the teacher sessions will be done via zoom and will be sent out at the end of this week.
Thank you so much for your understanding and support as we adapt to our new way of working, it is greatly appreciated.