Gacatha Primary School, Kenya
Gacatha Primary School is in the south of Kenya, north east of Nairobi. The school started in 1958 and has 407 children, in 10 classes. We are really looking forward to finding out lots about the children who attend Gacatha and working on some joint projects.We would like to send some letters from our children, telling them all about White Court School too. There are some links below to some projects we will be taking part in.
Recycling and reducing waste
We will be taking part in a project to work on reducing waste and recycling. Here are some ideas of projects from around the world...
- This youtube clip shows an orchestra in Paraguay where the children make their own instruments by recycling rubbish https://youtu.be/ZqeaBonSPQA
- And Flip Flotsam based on a recycling flip flops project in Kiwayu on the island of Lamu, East coast Kenya.https://youtu.be/Yd2lRcS6law
- And a focus on Global Goals
Getting to know Gacatha Primary children
We would love our children to write a letter for the children of Gacatha Primary to ask questions about their school and their lives. We can also share all the things we do at White Court too. I have included some links for letter writing below and some ideas of the things you could write about. Once you've written your letter you can drop it into the school office where I will leave a postbox and we will send them all off together. I look forward to reading your letters.
Tell the children about:
- the lessons you learn at school
- what you have been doing at home
- the things you enjoy to eat for dinner
- about pets you have
- about your family and brothers and sisters
Remember that not all the children will be as lucky as we are having technology so please be mindful when discussing your possessions.