As many of you are aware, in the past, the FOWC have raised money for a set of bike racks and scooter racks alongside the path leading towards the pedestrian entrance to encourage all children to bike or scoot to school.
All year groups are welcome to use the scooter and bike racks during the day (bikes and scooters should not be left overnight).
If using the racks, please ensure your children:
- Enter and leave the school grounds via the Pedestrian entrance.
- Dismount from their bicycle/scooter when entering the path leading to the school grounds and wheel it to the storage area.
- At the end of the day do not get back on their bike / scooter until they are off the school premises.
- Wear their cycle helmet correctly
- Ride sensibly and safely, showing awareness of pedestrians and other cyclists.
No bikes or scooters belonging to any age children or adults should be ridden on the school premises.
Year 5 and 6 children are allowed to cycle to and from school independently once they have signed the Cycling to School permit and returned it (see below).
When the children reach Year 6 they are offered the opportunity to take part in Bikeability Training to improve their road safety awareness.
Note: The school cannot accept any responsibility for the safety of bikes being stored, this is not covered by the school's insurance.